A disease that result in too much sugar in the blood (high blood glucose).
Glucose comes from the foods you eat. Insulin is a hormone that helps the glucose get into your cells to give them energy. There is no cure for diabetes, but manageable by medication and lifestyle changes.
There are several types of Diabetes:
- Type 2 diabetes – A chronic condition that affects the way the body processes blood sugar (glucose). With type 2 diabetes, the more common type, your body does not make or use insulin well. Without enough insulin, the glucose stays in your blood.
- Type 1 diabetes – A chronic condition in which the pancreas produces little or no insulin. With type 1 diabetes, your body does not make insulin.
- Prediabetes – A condition in which blood sugar is high, but not high enough to be type 2 diabetes. Having prediabetes puts you at a higher risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
- Gestational diabetes – A type of diabetes that develops during pregnancy, is caused by the hormonal changes of pregnancy along with genetic and lifestyle factors.
Knowing what you are facing solves most of the problem, here are some of the symptoms
- Increased thirst and urination
- Increased hunger
- Blurred vision
- Numbness or tingling in the feet or hands
- Sores that do not heal
- unexplained weight loss
Symptoms of type 1 diabetes can start quickly, in a matter of weeks.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes often develop slowly—over the course of several years—and can be so mild that you might not even notice them. Many people with type 2 diabetes have no symptoms.
Diabetes is a leading cause of blindness, amputation, heart disease, kidney failure and early death. Simple action can reduce the risk. Taking a step forward to change our diet and lifestyle will make a lot of difference.
At Elven Agri, our products are 100% pure , no added sugar, no preservatives , no additives, no gluten. We don’t use anything artificial in the whole supply chain because we want to bring healthier and better options to you, with our organic and sustainable farming.
Our Wild Plains Foods are a range of dried fruits, dried at low temperatures, retaining their taste and nutrients,It might be great option for any time hunger strike, without feeling guilty , just snack on it.
Dhow Nature Foods are our spices and super foods brand , our various range include the great Baobab fruit powder could help regulate blood sugar levels, Moringa Powder which has been known to help lower blood sugar levels. Our turmeric powder could help stabilize glucose levels. Black pepper powder is known as the ‘spice king’ which may prevent blood sugar and even hypertension.
All our ingredients are dried at low temperature, with them retaining their taste and nutrients.
Choose healthy. #ChooseForIMPACT.